The plugin comes with a Gutenberg block to insert individual products on any page on your site (other than the catalog page). This is useful if, for example, you’d like to include some featured products on your homepage. The name of the block is Insert Products. It can be found in its own category/section called Ultimate Product Catalog. Alternatively, when you add a new block, you can just search for Insert Products and add that block to the page.
You will see several options in the right sidebar.
- Which Catalog: Use this dropdown to select which catalog you want to display products from.
- Catalog URL: This attribute is required and makes it so that, when someone clicks on a product, they are correctly brought to the product page. Input the URL of the page on which you have placed the Display Product Catalog block or the product-catalog shortcode.
- Number of Products: This attribute is used to set the number of products you want to show. The default is 3 (so, if you want 3, you do not need to use this attribute).
- IDs of Products to Include: This attribute is used to specify which individual products you want to show. Takes a comma-separated list of product IDs. To find the ID of a product, go to the Products page. The ID will show in the Post ID column (last column) of the table there. For example:
- IDs of Category(ies) to Include: This attribute is used to show products from specific categories. Takes the category ID. To find the ID of a category, go to the Categories page and click on the category. The ID will show in your browser’s address bar.
- IDs of Sub-Category(ies) to Include: This attribute is used to show products from specific sub-categories. Takes the sub-category ID. To find the ID of a sub-category, go to the Categories page and click on the sub-category. The ID will show in your browser’s address bar.